An Exciting Future is Taking Shape
For two hundred years, the University has served Virginia, the nation, and the world by preparing responsible citizen-leaders; advancing, preserving, and disseminating knowledge; and providing world-class patient care.
Through Honor the Future, the Campaign for the University of Virginia, we will build on this history to support the president's vision to become the best public university by 2030 and one of the very best in the world.
- Attract and support exceptionally talented and diverse students, regardless of economic circumstances.
- Cultivate the best student experience in higher education.
- Leadership & Opportunity Fund
- Student well-being
- Arts and athletics
- Develop outstanding residential communities.
- Second-year housing
- Residential programming
- Recruit and retain excellent faculty committed to both teaching and research.
- Endowed chairs
- Teaching Excellence Fund
- Enable discoveries that enrich and improve lives.
- Interdisciplinary facilities
- Grand Challenges Fund
- Develop Open Grounds at Emmet/Ivy.
- Design and build Emmet/Ivy
- Access and programming
- Make UVA the leading place in the country to study, teach, and sustain democracy.
- UVA Democracy Institute
- Prepare students for lives of public service.
- Public service programs
- Loan forgiveness
- Be a good neighbor to Charlottesville and surrounding communities.
- Community engagement
- Access to quality healthcare
Together, we will honor the future.
With your support for our students, faculty, and new facilities, we will inspire world changing discoveries. You will strengthen the student experience, the foundation upon which our community is built. You will help create an environment in which our faculty members pursue the knowledge and research that will lead to exciting discoveries and address global problems. You will make the University of Virginia synonymous with service.
Peter Grant II
(Col ’78, Darden ’86)
Martha Lubin Karsh
(Col ’78, Law ’81)
(Col ’15, Batten ’16)
Co-Vice Chairs for Schools/Units/Foundations
Marcia Gilliam (Wise ’82) & Richard Tadler (McIntire ’78)
Vice Chair for Pan-University Initiatives
Scott Stephenson (Engr ’79)
Vice Chair for Health
Kenneth Botsford (Col ’75, Med ’79)
Vice Chair for Principal Gifts
David Burke (McIntire ’88, Law ’93, Grad Arts & Sciences ’94)
Co-Vice Chairs for Regional Markets
Pamela Edmonds (Col ’91) & Lisa Smith (Col ’85)