Receive Guaranteed Income for Life
Similar to a Charitable Gift Annuity, a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) provides fixed or variable payments to you and/or other beneficiaries you designate for life or for a selected number of years. The remainder is then put to use by the University as you direct.
A charitable remainder trust held at the University of Virginia:
- May be funded with a minimum of $50,000 (cash, appreciated securities, or real estate).
- Can be directed to any University school or program.
- May provide a charitable tax deduction equal to the present value of the future gift.
- May reduce estate taxes.
- Ensures that your specific philanthropic desires are realized during your lifetime.
- Is an irrevocable gift benefiting the University.