The goal of the UVA Gift Processing Services Center (GPS) is to provide the University community with gift processing services that meet or exceed industry benchmarks in accuracy, productivity, timeliness and customer service.
GPS operates under the direction of the UVA Fund alongside the financial services division.
- Processing: GPS accepts, deposits, records and provides acknowledgement of gifts and pledges made to the University, its schools, units and foundations.
- Reconciliation: GPS reconciles the bank and brokerage accounts used to accept and deposit gifts and the gift processing software used to record and acknowledge gifts.
- Reporting: GPS provides reporting of gifts processed, as well as reporting of agreed-upon performance metrics.
- Pledge Management: GPS produces pledge reminders and records and adjusts pledges as needed.
- Support: GPS provides customer support relating to gift processing to donors, development officers, business officers and others within the University community.